Deputy U.S. marshals in North Carolina have arrested a man in the deaths of three people in Tennessee in 2015.
The Marshals Service in Memphis said Tony Thomas was arrested Tuesday in Wilmington, North Carolina, and charged with three counts of first-degree murder.
He is charged in the Sept. 26, 2015, deaths of Anthony Isom, Chasity Springfield and Michael Glover in Memphis.
A warrant was issued for his arrest in January. The U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Task Force, based in Memphis, tracked him to Wilmington.
Thomas is awaiting extradition.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder