It costs only a few dollars to play, but Tennessee Lottery games are bringing in big bucks for the Volunteer state particularly, the scratch-off games.
We've learned lottery ticket sales brought in $1.3 billion dollars in sales in the latest fiscal year and scratch-offs accounted for more than 80% of total sales.
Lottery officials say it was the eighth consecutive year of lottery sales growth in Tennessee.
According to statistics from Scientific Games, a lottery game designer, the Tennessee Lottery ranks sixth in the amount of money brought in among the 44 states with lotteries.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City