It costs only a few dollars to play, but Tennessee Lottery games are bringing in big bucks for the Volunteer state particularly, the scratch-off games.
We've learned lottery ticket sales brought in $1.3 billion dollars in sales in the latest fiscal year and scratch-offs accounted for more than 80% of total sales.
Lottery officials say it was the eighth consecutive year of lottery sales growth in Tennessee.
According to statistics from Scientific Games, a lottery game designer, the Tennessee Lottery ranks sixth in the amount of money brought in among the 44 states with lotteries.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital