It costs only a few dollars to play, but Tennessee Lottery games are bringing in big bucks for the Volunteer state particularly, the scratch-off games.
We've learned lottery ticket sales brought in $1.3 billion dollars in sales in the latest fiscal year and scratch-offs accounted for more than 80% of total sales.
Lottery officials say it was the eighth consecutive year of lottery sales growth in Tennessee.
According to statistics from Scientific Games, a lottery game designer, the Tennessee Lottery ranks sixth in the amount of money brought in among the 44 states with lotteries.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day