It costs only a few dollars to play, but Tennessee Lottery games are bringing in big bucks for the Volunteer state particularly, the scratch-off games.
We've learned lottery ticket sales brought in $1.3 billion dollars in sales in the latest fiscal year and scratch-offs accounted for more than 80% of total sales.
Lottery officials say it was the eighth consecutive year of lottery sales growth in Tennessee.
According to statistics from Scientific Games, a lottery game designer, the Tennessee Lottery ranks sixth in the amount of money brought in among the 44 states with lotteries.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial