NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Bill in the Tennessee General Assembly called the "Stop Obamacare Act" has officially passed the full House of Representatives. It's heading to Governor Bill Haslam's desk.
The bill prohibits Medicaid expansion as required by Obamacare unless first authorized by the Tennessee General Assembly. The United States Supreme Court ruled the mandatory expansion of Medicaid in the states as unconstitutional last year.
The bill also says any future expansion proposal must go through the regular legislative process and cannot be placed into the state budget to protect the money of taxpayers.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities