NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Bill in the Tennessee General Assembly called the "Stop Obamacare Act" has officially passed the full House of Representatives. It's heading to Governor Bill Haslam's desk.
The bill prohibits Medicaid expansion as required by Obamacare unless first authorized by the Tennessee General Assembly. The United States Supreme Court ruled the mandatory expansion of Medicaid in the states as unconstitutional last year.
The bill also says any future expansion proposal must go through the regular legislative process and cannot be placed into the state budget to protect the money of taxpayers.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport