NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Bill in the Tennessee General Assembly called the "Stop Obamacare Act" has officially passed the full House of Representatives. It's heading to Governor Bill Haslam's desk.
The bill prohibits Medicaid expansion as required by Obamacare unless first authorized by the Tennessee General Assembly. The United States Supreme Court ruled the mandatory expansion of Medicaid in the states as unconstitutional last year.
The bill also says any future expansion proposal must go through the regular legislative process and cannot be placed into the state budget to protect the money of taxpayers.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation