NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Bill in the Tennessee General Assembly called the "Stop Obamacare Act" has officially passed the full House of Representatives. It's heading to Governor Bill Haslam's desk.
The bill prohibits Medicaid expansion as required by Obamacare unless first authorized by the Tennessee General Assembly. The United States Supreme Court ruled the mandatory expansion of Medicaid in the states as unconstitutional last year.
The bill also says any future expansion proposal must go through the regular legislative process and cannot be placed into the state budget to protect the money of taxpayers.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash