NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Bill in the Tennessee General Assembly called the "Stop Obamacare Act" has officially passed the full House of Representatives. It's heading to Governor Bill Haslam's desk.
The bill prohibits Medicaid expansion as required by Obamacare unless first authorized by the Tennessee General Assembly. The United States Supreme Court ruled the mandatory expansion of Medicaid in the states as unconstitutional last year.
The bill also says any future expansion proposal must go through the regular legislative process and cannot be placed into the state budget to protect the money of taxpayers.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy