Around 4,000 Tennessee homeowners are now getting relief when it comes home foreclosure abuse.
Tennessee's Attorney General says $161 million in loan relief was part of a $25 billion multi-state settlement with five U.S. banks: Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank and Ally Financial.
Ultimately, eligible homeowners in Tennessee could get more than $200 million in mortgage relief, with most of the money helping to avoid foreclosure.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash