NASHVILLE, Tenn. - 56 new State Troopers are joining the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
In a press release, the state says a graduation ceremony was held in Hermitage. This is the third consecutive and largest trooper cadet class to graduate under the administration of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
The graduating troopers took their oaths of office after 19 weeks and more than 1,000 hours of extensive classroom and law enforcement instruction at the THP Training Center.
The new graduates will now advance to a maximum of 10 weeks of field training.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson