NASHVILLE, Tenn. - 56 new State Troopers are joining the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
In a press release, the state says a graduation ceremony was held in Hermitage. This is the third consecutive and largest trooper cadet class to graduate under the administration of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
The graduating troopers took their oaths of office after 19 weeks and more than 1,000 hours of extensive classroom and law enforcement instruction at the THP Training Center.
The new graduates will now advance to a maximum of 10 weeks of field training.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death