NASHVILLE, Tenn. - 56 new State Troopers are joining the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
In a press release, the state says a graduation ceremony was held in Hermitage. This is the third consecutive and largest trooper cadet class to graduate under the administration of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
The graduating troopers took their oaths of office after 19 weeks and more than 1,000 hours of extensive classroom and law enforcement instruction at the THP Training Center.
The new graduates will now advance to a maximum of 10 weeks of field training.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison