NASHVILLE, Tenn. - 56 new State Troopers are joining the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
In a press release, the state says a graduation ceremony was held in Hermitage. This is the third consecutive and largest trooper cadet class to graduate under the administration of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
The graduating troopers took their oaths of office after 19 weeks and more than 1,000 hours of extensive classroom and law enforcement instruction at the THP Training Center.
The new graduates will now advance to a maximum of 10 weeks of field training.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day