The Tennessee Department of Health says deaths from poisoning are on the rise, and drug overdoses are often the cause.
Now T.D.H and the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation officials are taking steps to help prevent more deaths. The Two Departments are making it easier for people to properly dispose of unused medication. T.D.H. and T.D.E.C are installing 50 new permanent and secure collection bins. That brings the total to 83 across Tennessee.
For a complete list of tips for proper medication storage click here www.cdc.gov/Features/MedicationStorage/.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017