The state of Tennessee has declared a state of emergency as a result of icy conditions on January 25.
The declaration was a precautionary measure earlier today for our region of the state. We've learned ice has started melting in middle Tennessee.
The declaration means command units have been activated. State officials are working with Kentucky to try to stop drivers from traveling into the areas of Tennessee that are the most icy or congested from wrecks.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane