The state of Tennessee has declared a state of emergency as a result of icy conditions on January 25.
The declaration was a precautionary measure earlier today for our region of the state. We've learned ice has started melting in middle Tennessee.
The declaration means command units have been activated. State officials are working with Kentucky to try to stop drivers from traveling into the areas of Tennessee that are the most icy or congested from wrecks.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator