CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Hundreds of jobs are being eliminated at a Tennessee assembly plant.
Chattanooga's Volkswagen plant announced it is dropping the third assembly shift, getting rid of 500 temporary jobs.
The company's spokesman says strong domestic demand led to the third shift workforce addition, but an increase in efficiency has decreased the need for the added shift.
Volkswagen says the change takes effect May 13th.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.