MOUNT JULIET, Tenn. (AP) - Police in Tennessee say a teenage girl has died in an apparent drowning at a campground.
Wilson County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Moore tells media outlets the 17-year-old girl was on top of a buoy when she was hit by a wave at the Cedar Creek recreational area and never resurfaced Monday.
Moore says the girl was taken to a hospital where she later died. The victim's name was not immediately released.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer
- Report: NWS confirms three tornadoes in TN during Saturday storms
- Giving back: Local organization filling trunks, stomachs, and hearts