TBI agents have made an arrest in a human trafficking case based in Madison County, the agency announced Monday.
Veronica Shuney Boykin, 33, of Humboldt, had been under investigation since March after receiving information that she forced a 15-year-old girl to have sex with a man in exchange for drugs, the TBI report said. The original incident occurred in Feburary.
Boykin was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of trafficking for a commercial sex act. She remains jailed on a $75,000 bond.
- Weekend Drive: Dolly Parton's Smoky Mountain Adventures Christmas Show
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night
- Speedway in Lights: new light displays and old favorites