Two former East Tennessee police officers were indicted by a grand jury on extortion charges following a TBI investigation.
Former Calhoun Police Department chief Julie Tanksley, 46, and officer Charles Godsey, 43, are accused of seizing the personal property of two suspects and then holding it until they contributed money into the department's drug fund, the report said.
Tanksley and Godsey both surrendered to police on Friday and were released on a $4,000 bond.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death