JEFFERSON COUNTY, Tenn. - 16-year-old Jeffrey Burke has been arrested by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, charged with second degree murder, aggravated arson, and abuse of a corpse.
It all stems from a 911 call in June 2012 that said the White Pine Crown Inn was on fire.
After a firefighter extinguished the fire, police say, a body was discovered at the hotel.
The victim was later identified as 72-year-old Eddie White.
An autopsy determined White was dead prior to the fire and died from minor blunt force trauma which, the coroner believes, contributed to an existing heart condition.
Authorities tell us Burke and White were known to be friends.
The T-B-I investigated this case alongside the White Pine Police Department.
Burke was booked in the Jefferson County Jail without bond.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor