A man was killed and two women were injured in a hit-and-run in Donelson on Sunday night.
The victims were walking to a restaurant along Elm Hill Pike when they were hit just before 11 p.m., according to NBC affiliate WSMV in Nashville.
According to police, the victims are from India and were visiting Nashville for a convention.
Witnesses said the group was hit by a man driving a red 1997 Ford pickup truck.
The driver stopped because construction was blocking his lane, but when it cleared, he reportedly sped off, which is when he allegedly hit the three pedestrians and kept driving.
The victims were reportedly walking in the road because there was not a sidewalk in the area.
The man died at the scene. The two women were taken to Skyline Hospital and are expected to survive.
The suspect later turned himself in to police. Officials have not released his name.
- New Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- New UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- New Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- New Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters
- Grandfather Mountain welcomes new elk Doc, Earl and Watson