KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities have arrested a suspect in the pitchfork robbery of a Waffle House in Georgia and a killing in Tennessee.
The Knox County Sheriff's Office says 49-year-old year-old Jeffery Willard Wooten was arrested on Friday.
The sheriff's office says Wooten is charged in the fatal shooting of 44-year-old Randy Lands earlier that day in a Knox County home. Officials say Wooten confronted Lands' relatives outside the house and stole their vehicle before fleeing.
Loudon County officers spotted Wooten driving on Interstate 40, and a chase began. Authorities said Wooten eventually crashed and was taken into custody with non-life threatening injuries.
Officials said Wooten is also charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault after brandishing a pitchfork and taking a cash register from a Waffle House in Norcross, Georgia, on May 1.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash