SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 12:55 p.m.: Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us the girl is now listed in 'stable' condition.
A young girl is recovering after authorities say she was attacked by her family's dog.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says an eight-year-old girl was attacked by the family's pit bull.
Officers say the dog attacked her head. It happened around 11:45 Monday night at their home on Ryder Church Road.
The girl was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center; there's currently no word on her condition. Animal control took possession of the dog.
There's no indication why it attacked her.
We're told no charges will be filed.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting