SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 12:55 p.m.: Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us the girl is now listed in 'stable' condition.
A young girl is recovering after authorities say she was attacked by her family's dog.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says an eight-year-old girl was attacked by the family's pit bull.
Officers say the dog attacked her head. It happened around 11:45 Monday night at their home on Ryder Church Road.
The girl was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center; there's currently no word on her condition. Animal control took possession of the dog.
There's no indication why it attacked her.
We're told no charges will be filed.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next