SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 12:55 p.m.: Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us the girl is now listed in 'stable' condition.
A young girl is recovering after authorities say she was attacked by her family's dog.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says an eight-year-old girl was attacked by the family's pit bull.
Officers say the dog attacked her head. It happened around 11:45 Monday night at their home on Ryder Church Road.
The girl was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center; there's currently no word on her condition. Animal control took possession of the dog.
There's no indication why it attacked her.
We're told no charges will be filed.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial