SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Blountville woman has been indicted by a grand jury on a charge of theft of $60,000 or more.
According to documents filed with the county clerk's office, 77-year-old Nina Bernice Sexton is accused of taking money from New Gunnings Cemetery Association.
We're told she was the treasurer of the association.
The court documents note the thefts are said to of occurred from October 2005 to October 2013.
Sexton is expected in court December 13.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City