SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman has been found guilty of more than two dozen counts of animal cruelty.
Kathy Sullivan was arrested back in December 2013 after deputies say they found several dogs and cats were not properly cared for at her Turner Road home. Law enforcement seized 23 cats and 12 dogs from property.
Sullivan was sentenced Friday to three years in prison, but the judge suspended that sentence under the conditions that she serves 30 days in jail.
She cannot own any animals for three years, and she will have to pay restitution that will be determined later.
Sullivan says she plans to appeal the case to criminal court.
She will be arraigned on April 11, 2014.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend