SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman has been found guilty of more than two dozen counts of animal cruelty.
Kathy Sullivan was arrested back in December 2013 after deputies say they found several dogs and cats were not properly cared for at her Turner Road home. Law enforcement seized 23 cats and 12 dogs from property.
Sullivan was sentenced Friday to three years in prison, but the judge suspended that sentence under the conditions that she serves 30 days in jail.
She cannot own any animals for three years, and she will have to pay restitution that will be determined later.
Sullivan says she plans to appeal the case to criminal court.
She will be arraigned on April 11, 2014.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial