SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has charged a woman with trying to escape.
We're told Jenny Frye was taken from the detention center to the Bristol Regional Medical Center for a doctor's visit.
While leaving, authorities say she tried to run away from the officer as they were walking through parking lot. The correctional officer and security personnel were able to stop her.
Frye is now charged with escape. She was originally jailed on identity theft and violation of probation charges.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death