SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A woman now faces charges after deputies say she admitted to making a false rape claim.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells us they received a report of a rape Wednesday on Poplar Grove road in Kingsport.
Deputies say when they arrived Amanda Rowland told them someone came into her home while she was taking a shower and raped her.
We're told Rowland claimed she received text messages from her ex-boyfriend and other phone numbers stating that she was going to be raped.
During the investigation detectives traced the text messages back to Amanda Rowland and she admitted the report was false.
Amanda Rowland is charged with Filing a Felony False Report and Tampering With/Fabricating Evidence.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin