SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is accused of lying to police about being raped.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Department officials said Kimberly Evans reported she was raped by two different men on two different occasions at Warrior's Path State Park last month.
Officials told us detectives began their investigation, and then Evans admitted she was never raped. "She told the detective she did that to cover up an incident that occurred with a friend. She did not want her husband to find out," said Leslie Earhart, public information officer.
Evans is charged with two counts of filing a false report. If convicted, she could face up to a year behind bars.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated