SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is accused of lying to police about being raped.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Department officials said Kimberly Evans reported she was raped by two different men on two different occasions at Warrior's Path State Park last month.
Officials told us detectives began their investigation, and then Evans admitted she was never raped. "She told the detective she did that to cover up an incident that occurred with a friend. She did not want her husband to find out," said Leslie Earhart, public information officer.
Evans is charged with two counts of filing a false report. If convicted, she could face up to a year behind bars.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities