SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is accused of lying to police about being raped.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Department officials said Kimberly Evans reported she was raped by two different men on two different occasions at Warrior's Path State Park last month.
Officials told us detectives began their investigation, and then Evans admitted she was never raped. "She told the detective she did that to cover up an incident that occurred with a friend. She did not want her husband to find out," said Leslie Earhart, public information officer.
Evans is charged with two counts of filing a false report. If convicted, she could face up to a year behind bars.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs