A local food pantry needs your help to feed families in our area for Thanksgiving.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is partnering with WCQR to provide a Thanksgiving meal for families in need. The goal is to give out more than 6,200 boxes of food for families.
The boxes include ingredients to prepare a traditional meal including a turkey.
Beginning November 9, WCQR will be hosting an on-air radio fundraiser for the public to donate 25-dollars to sponsor a box of food.
Adam McCain, WCQR general manager and morning co-host, says it's been amazing to hear the families that actually want to make a difference.
"I mean it is truly wanting to be able to give a meal to give hope. It is so much more than just a box of food and turkey but to give hope to our community that so desperately needs it right now," he said.
To make donations online you can visit netfoodbank.org.
Volunteers are also needed to start packing boxes that will take place on November 10th.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone