SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County deputies find a wanted man sleeping in a car in the jail parking lot.
When officers walked up to a car parked outside the jail Saturday night, they say they found Mark William Brummett asleep in the driver's seat and a woman asleep in the back.
Officers say Brummett tried to drive away when they asked him to get out of the car.
They arrested Brummett after he crashed on Blountville bypass. We're told he had four arrest warrants for failure to appear and burglary charges. He faces new charges after running from officers in the jail parking lot.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early