SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County deputies find a wanted man sleeping in a car in the jail parking lot.
When officers walked up to a car parked outside the jail Saturday night, they say they found Mark William Brummett asleep in the driver's seat and a woman asleep in the back.
Officers say Brummett tried to drive away when they asked him to get out of the car.
They arrested Brummett after he crashed on Blountville bypass. We're told he had four arrest warrants for failure to appear and burglary charges. He faces new charges after running from officers in the jail parking lot.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run