SULLIVAN, Tenn. - Results from the 14th annual Boone Lake Clean-Up were released Thursday.
More than 500 volunteers gathered garbage to collect 16 tons of trash.
Most of the litter consisted of trash, tires, and wood debris. We're told close to 160 tires were collected.
We've also learned over 500 Styrofoam blocks were collected.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting