KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Your tips have led to the arrest of two men suspected of passing counterfeit money.
Just as soon as we posted surveillance photos earlier this week of a man in a Kinsgport convenience store presumably giving a clerk fake money, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office started getting calls.
Deputies identified the man in the photo as Derrick A. Hensley.
During the investigation, deputies say they learned that Timothy Duncan was also involved in producing counterfeit money.
Yesterday both men were found and arrested in an apartment on University Boulevard in Kingsport.
Derrick Hensley of Duffield, Virginia was charged with Criminal Simulation.
Timothy A. Duncan of Kingsport was charged with Criminal Simulation, False Reporting and Accessory After the Fact.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash