PINEY FLATS, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us Friday morning that it was 56-year-old Stephen Smith that died in a tractor accident Thursday.
They say the tractor rolled over, pinning him underneath.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says it happened around 11 o'clock Thursday morning along Hunting Hill Road in Piney Flats.
Officers say Smith was trying to move a large log when his tractor began rolling backward on a hill.
Witnesses say he tried to jump off the tractor but didn't make it.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run