PINEY FLATS, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us Friday morning that it was 56-year-old Stephen Smith that died in a tractor accident Thursday.
They say the tractor rolled over, pinning him underneath.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says it happened around 11 o'clock Thursday morning along Hunting Hill Road in Piney Flats.
Officers say Smith was trying to move a large log when his tractor began rolling backward on a hill.
Witnesses say he tried to jump off the tractor but didn't make it.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital