A local community college honors its veteran students with a program aimed at thanking them.
Northeast State Community College's Office of Veteran Affairs organized the event on Thursday.
It featured music from the Northeast State Choral Ensemble. Then student veterans talked about their military experience and its positive effect on their lives.
The students said this is a time to just remember what the military members do for the nation.
"They sacrificed so much. They sacrificed their families, their time with their family, their personal life, what they wanted to do, to go and fight for our country, to give people today the liberty that they have," NSCC Veteran Student Joni Hughes said.
Northeast State has more than 200-student veterans enrolled this school year.
- New The Grinch, Frozen's Olaf among new balloons debuting at Macy's parade
- TWRA charges four Carter Co. hunters with importing CWD deer carcasses
- Man wanted for violation of probation now faces numerous drug charges
- UPDATE: Greene Co. bank robber, jail escapee gets 25 years in prison
- Limestone man convicted of incest arrested following Greeneville football game