Two Sullivan County attempted murder suspects have made their first court appearances since being captured in New Orleans over the weekend.
Court documents obtained by News 5 show Jarret Heitmann, once an addition to the TBI's Top Ten Most Wanted List, waived his extradition back to Tennessee in Orleans Parish Magistrate Court. He was captured on Friday in Louisiana.
His girlfriend Makayla Stilwell appeared in court Tuesday and had her bond set at $1 million, records show. She has an extradition hearing scheduled for Wednesday. She was taken into custody on Saturday.
Heitmann, 25, of Bristol, TN, and Stilwell, 22, of Kingsport, are both charged with attempted second-degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping following the shooting of Dustin Bishop, 34, during a fight at a home in Bloomingdale.
Police said that Heitmann kidnapped an acquaintance of Bishop in Hawkins County then used the victim to lure Bishop to Sullivan County for the confrontation.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School