A Sullivan County, Tennessee, murder suspect captured late Monday was formally arraigned via video conferencing on Tuesday.
Johnny Royston, Jr., was captured just before 10 p.m. in the Bristol Caverns area on Emmett Road, ending several days on the run from authorities after ditching three vehicles and possibly obtaining help in his escape from his mother. He is being held on a $300,000 bond and is scheduled to be back in court July 18.
Patsy Royston was arrested and charged Monday in Bristol, Virginia, with providing false information to a police officer in relation to the investigation. according to the BVPD.
Warrants were secured for Johnny Royston, Jr., for second-degree murder on Monday after he was first named as a person of interest in the Saturday killing of Rowdy Yates. His body was found behind a camper that morning at a residence located on Eaton Private Drive.
Royston is also facing a charge of possession of schedule III drugs, according to police information.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County
- Chilhowie's 1970 state championship team ready to 'pass the torch'