KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police say Brenda Jean Fatherree died at the from the injuries she received when the Jeep she was in crashed on Interstate 81.
Police identified the driver as Albert Lee Fatherree. They say he remains in the hospital.
The crash remains under investigation.
An accident blocked part of Interstate 81 Sunday evening.
According to Kingsport Police a Jeep crashed near mile marker 56 on Interstate 81. It happened near the interchange with I-26.
Our photographer on the scene says two people were flown to the hospital. The passenger was ejected from the Jeep.
We're told the southbound lane of 81 was blocked while crews clear the scene.
According to Kingsport Police 49-year-old Albert Fatherree III and 47-year-old Brenda Fatherree, both of Johnson City, TN, were taken to Holston Valley Medical Center.
Albert is listed in stable condition, Brenda in critical condition.
The investigation is ongoing by the traffic unit.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day