SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Two break-ins at two convenience stores in two days; that's what Sullivan County officers are investigating, and they believe the crimes may be connected.
Deputies told us a suspect broke into the Village Market on Highway 75 early Sunday morning by shattering the front door, and left with a small amount of cash and cigarettes.
Around 5:00 Monday morning, officers said the Boone Store, about two miles away from the Village Market, was also the target of a crime.
"It's pretty much the same scenario. The suspect used some type of object to break the doors, went inside, and proceeded to steal cigarettes and lottery tickets," said Leslie Earhart, public information officer for the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office at (423) 279-7500. You can also submit a tip anonymously online by going to their website at http://www.scsotn.com/.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School