BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Two soldiers returned from Afghanistan Friday night after being deployed for nine months.
Their families were at the airport anxiously awaiting their return. "We've been married a year this month," Tawnya Ellis said about her and her husband Huey.
Breea Austin explains, "we've been married for almost a year. We got married in October, right before he left. We've been dating since high school, high school sweethearts. Actually since middle school. We've been together almost 8 years."
Almost immediately after they got married, MP Huey Ellis and Specialist Tyler Austin were deployed to Afghanistan.
On Friday they came home. What made the homecoming extra-special was that Breea and Tawnya each had a baby while their husbands were serving overseas.
Mya Austin is 3 months old and Ezra Ellis is 7 months old.
When the plane finally touched down there were tears of joy and the unforgettable moment of love at first sight.
It's something these families will remember forever. Huey says, "I'm going to spend some time with this little thing and hopefully he'll get to know me fast."
"I'm glad to be back. I just waited a long time for this," Tyler said.
We're told this is the first child for each of the couples.
Specialist Tyler Austin is back home for good. Right now the plans are unclear for Huey Ellis.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway