SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Two people are facing arson charges in Sullivan County after officers say they tried to burn down a barn.
William Mcneill and Heather Wayne, both from Bristol, Tenn., were arrested and charged with arson and criminal trespassing.
Officers say they were confronted by the person who owned the barn while they were in a car along Masengill Road in Blountville.
Officers say Mcneill and Wayne left but officers tell us they are accused of coming back and setting the barn on fire.
We're told witnesses were able to put out the fire before it spread. The case remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next