SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Two people are facing arson charges in Sullivan County after officers say they tried to burn down a barn.
William Mcneill and Heather Wayne, both from Bristol, Tenn., were arrested and charged with arson and criminal trespassing.
Officers say they were confronted by the person who owned the barn while they were in a car along Masengill Road in Blountville.
Officers say Mcneill and Wayne left but officers tell us they are accused of coming back and setting the barn on fire.
We're told witnesses were able to put out the fire before it spread. The case remains under investigation.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day