SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Two people are facing arson charges in Sullivan County after officers say they tried to burn down a barn.
William Mcneill and Heather Wayne, both from Bristol, Tenn., were arrested and charged with arson and criminal trespassing.
Officers say they were confronted by the person who owned the barn while they were in a car along Masengill Road in Blountville.
Officers say Mcneill and Wayne left but officers tell us they are accused of coming back and setting the barn on fire.
We're told witnesses were able to put out the fire before it spread. The case remains under investigation.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect