BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - An alarming discovery was made at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport Monday -- a TSA agent found two loaded guns at the airport checkpoint.
Agents say a passenger was stopped after a .38-caliber and a .22-caliber gun were discovered in a carry-on bag.
The passenger was cited by local police and faces criminal charges, as well as possible civil penalties from the TSA.
Firearms may be transported in checked baggage as long as they are declared to the airline; they must also be in a proper carrying case and be unloaded.
They are prohibited in carry-on bags.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend