SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Learning about the history of Tennessee is what what the Secretary of State wants school children to do.
Friday at Sullivan Central High School, Tre Hargett, debuted a documentary on the capitol, which is a project he's been working on for months.
The video will be distributed to every school in the state.
The goal is for all Tennesseans to learn about the state capitol, which many don't get the opportunity to visit.
"We think it's important that Tennesseans know about their state capitol. One of the things I'm a firm believer is that if you learn about your history, that can also help pave the path to your future," says Tre Hargett, the Secretary of State.
We're told some schools have already gotten their DVDs, and the rest will get theirs shortly.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood