SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after officers say a Kingsport, Tennessee woman crashed and died Sunday night. It happened on Highway 36 in Sullivan County.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 43-year-old Michelle Simpson was driving south on the highway when she crossed the opposite lane, went off the shoulder into a ditch and eventually traveled into the woods, hitting a tree.
Troopers say neighbors reported hearing a crash between 10:30 and 11 11 p.m., but it's unknown what time the accident actually occurred.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment