SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after officers say a Kingsport, Tennessee woman crashed and died Sunday night. It happened on Highway 36 in Sullivan County.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 43-year-old Michelle Simpson was driving south on the highway when she crossed the opposite lane, went off the shoulder into a ditch and eventually traveled into the woods, hitting a tree.
Troopers say neighbors reported hearing a crash between 10:30 and 11 11 p.m., but it's unknown what time the accident actually occurred.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin