SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after officers say a Kingsport, Tennessee woman crashed and died Sunday night. It happened on Highway 36 in Sullivan County.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 43-year-old Michelle Simpson was driving south on the highway when she crossed the opposite lane, went off the shoulder into a ditch and eventually traveled into the woods, hitting a tree.
Troopers say neighbors reported hearing a crash between 10:30 and 11 11 p.m., but it's unknown what time the accident actually occurred.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon