SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - One couple tells us they learned the hard way when they noticed nearly $1,600 of jewelry and tools missing from their home.
Officers tell us you should always check references.
"The biggest thing is to check for references and actually talk with those people. That kind of gives you an idea of whether or not they did good work, whether or not the others have had problems with these particular people," said Leslie Earhart, Sullivan County Public Information Officer.
Officers say Harry Glenn Letchworth, Jr and Joshua Daryl Rader are now charged with theft after Sullivan County Officers say surveillance video caught them red-handed selling the stolen goods.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College