A teenager is dead following a crash Tuesday evening in Sullivan County, TN.
Dakota Haney, 19, was a passenger in the vehicle that collided with a bridge on Mill Creek Road in the Rock Springs area of Kingsport. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a report from the sheriff's office.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified 17-year-old male, was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries. A preliminary investigation revealed speed was a factor in the wreck.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone