SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation has finalized plans for some road construction projects in Sullivan County.
County Mayor Steve Godsey requested the projects be done toh elp local traffic conditions.
The off-ramps at Exit 69 on Interstate 81 will be widened and traffic lights will also be installed. Godsey said that project should be done by May 31, 2013.
TDOT will also be working on a safety project at the intersection of State Route 1 and Central Heights Road. The plan includes school zone flashing beacons for the elementary school and some turn-lane changes.
The median opening will also be relocated by the Department of Safety Driver's License Office.
Those projects should start October 26, 2012 and be completed by July 31, 2013.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law