SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation has finalized plans for some road construction projects in Sullivan County.
County Mayor Steve Godsey requested the projects be done toh elp local traffic conditions.
The off-ramps at Exit 69 on Interstate 81 will be widened and traffic lights will also be installed. Godsey said that project should be done by May 31, 2013.
TDOT will also be working on a safety project at the intersection of State Route 1 and Central Heights Road. The plan includes school zone flashing beacons for the elementary school and some turn-lane changes.
The median opening will also be relocated by the Department of Safety Driver's License Office.
Those projects should start October 26, 2012 and be completed by July 31, 2013.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show