SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation has finalized plans for some road construction projects in Sullivan County.
County Mayor Steve Godsey requested the projects be done toh elp local traffic conditions.
The off-ramps at Exit 69 on Interstate 81 will be widened and traffic lights will also be installed. Godsey said that project should be done by May 31, 2013.
TDOT will also be working on a safety project at the intersection of State Route 1 and Central Heights Road. The plan includes school zone flashing beacons for the elementary school and some turn-lane changes.
The median opening will also be relocated by the Department of Safety Driver's License Office.
Those projects should start October 26, 2012 and be completed by July 31, 2013.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game