SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new facts and a clarification on an officer-involved shooting that happened in Sullivan County in June.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation originally said Jeffrey Caldwell was holding a knife and an object they thought was a gun when officers tried to verify warrants for him. Click here to read more.
The TBI says police felt threatened and shot Caldwell.
Investigators now say Caldwell had a roof shingle, and not a gun, at the time.
A grand jury indicted him on an assault charge after the incident.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting