SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new facts and a clarification on an officer-involved shooting that happened in Sullivan County in June.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation originally said Jeffrey Caldwell was holding a knife and an object they thought was a gun when officers tried to verify warrants for him. Click here to read more.
The TBI says police felt threatened and shot Caldwell.
Investigators now say Caldwell had a roof shingle, and not a gun, at the time.
A grand jury indicted him on an assault charge after the incident.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview