The person suspected in a robbery at local pharmacy is behind bars.
Detectives received a tip that led them to the arrest of Wendell Buchanan.
Buchanan is accused of robbing the Blountville Drug Company located on Highway 126 in Blountville, Tennessee last month.
Investigators say Buchanan told employees of the pharmacy he had a gun and forced his way behind the counter.
Buchanan is accused of threatening to kill the employees if they did not turn over a list of medications, most of which were painkillers. He took off after getting the drugs.
Detectives found him on February 19. A search of Buchanan's vehicle turned up evidence that connected him to the robbery.
Buchanan was charged with aggravated robbery and theft. He's currently being held in the Sullivan County Correctional Facility.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities