The person suspected in a robbery at local pharmacy is behind bars.
Detectives received a tip that led them to the arrest of Wendell Buchanan.
Buchanan is accused of robbing the Blountville Drug Company located on Highway 126 in Blountville, Tennessee last month.
Investigators say Buchanan told employees of the pharmacy he had a gun and forced his way behind the counter.
Buchanan is accused of threatening to kill the employees if they did not turn over a list of medications, most of which were painkillers. He took off after getting the drugs.
Detectives found him on February 19. A search of Buchanan's vehicle turned up evidence that connected him to the robbery.
Buchanan was charged with aggravated robbery and theft. He's currently being held in the Sullivan County Correctional Facility.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane