SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - It's a guilty plea for a Sullivan County, Tennessee woman who was charged with first degree murder.
Rachel Calhoun admitted Monday that she is responsible for beating, then strangling, 73-year-old Johnny Shankel in February 2011. Shankel was her next-door neighbor.
Detectives say Calhoun took Shankel's credit cards and $25 in cash.
Calhoun now faces a life sentence, which would make her eligible for parole in 51 years.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon