SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - It's a guilty plea for a Sullivan County, Tennessee woman who was charged with first degree murder.
Rachel Calhoun admitted Monday that she is responsible for beating, then strangling, 73-year-old Johnny Shankel in February 2011. Shankel was her next-door neighbor.
Detectives say Calhoun took Shankel's credit cards and $25 in cash.
Calhoun now faces a life sentence, which would make her eligible for parole in 51 years.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome