SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - It's a guilty plea for a Sullivan County, Tennessee woman who was charged with first degree murder.
Rachel Calhoun admitted Monday that she is responsible for beating, then strangling, 73-year-old Johnny Shankel in February 2011. Shankel was her next-door neighbor.
Detectives say Calhoun took Shankel's credit cards and $25 in cash.
Calhoun now faces a life sentence, which would make her eligible for parole in 51 years.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane