SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is slated to be featured in a National Geographic documentary, scheduled to air sometime later this year on their channel.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson shared what details he could to the press about the upcoming show on Tuesday. He stressed that it was not a reality show, but a documentary showing a behind-the-scenes look at the department and what it does.
"This is a worldwide production. They're based in Hollywood," the sheriff said. "It will air on National Geographic but at the same time its going to be shown worldwide."
The department is not sure exactly when the show will air, or what the show will be called. They could only to say it will air sometime this year on the National Geographic channel.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson