SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A special prosecutor is clearing the Sullivan County sheriff of any wrongdoing during the May primary election.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson was accused of breaking state election laws. Back in March, Ty Boomershine, who was running against the sheriff, filed the complaint after the sheriff's office phone number was printed on a campaign mailer.
A special prosecutor said there was no criminal behavior after reviewing evidence gathered by the TBI.
The case has been closed.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend