SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A special prosecutor is clearing the Sullivan County sheriff of any wrongdoing during the May primary election.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson was accused of breaking state election laws. Back in March, Ty Boomershine, who was running against the sheriff, filed the complaint after the sheriff's office phone number was printed on a campaign mailer.
A special prosecutor said there was no criminal behavior after reviewing evidence gathered by the TBI.
The case has been closed.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death