SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A special prosecutor is clearing the Sullivan County sheriff of any wrongdoing during the May primary election.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson was accused of breaking state election laws. Back in March, Ty Boomershine, who was running against the sheriff, filed the complaint after the sheriff's office phone number was printed on a campaign mailer.
A special prosecutor said there was no criminal behavior after reviewing evidence gathered by the TBI.
The case has been closed.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities