SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A special prosecutor is clearing the Sullivan County sheriff of any wrongdoing during the May primary election.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson was accused of breaking state election laws. Back in March, Ty Boomershine, who was running against the sheriff, filed the complaint after the sheriff's office phone number was printed on a campaign mailer.
A special prosecutor said there was no criminal behavior after reviewing evidence gathered by the TBI.
The case has been closed.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University