SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County Director of Schools Jubal Yennie is getting an early contract extension.
The Sullivan County School Board voted Monday night to extend the contract for Doctor Jubal Yennie two years ahead of schedule.
Yennie's contract doesn't run out until 2015, but at their meeting on Monday night the board pushed it to 2017.
Board Chairman Dan Wells says it's because of his exemplary performance. "The recommendation was that we renew the contract relative to Dr. Yennie that we also did the evaluation process that bore out that Dr. Yennie's assessment was on a distinguished level. He's a distinguished director," Wells said.
The board also decided to add an amendment to the contract that links Dr. Yennie's pay to teachers' pay. That means if teachers don't get a raise, neither does Dr. Yennie.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect