SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County Director of Schools Jubal Yennie is getting an early contract extension.
The Sullivan County School Board voted Monday night to extend the contract for Doctor Jubal Yennie two years ahead of schedule.
Yennie's contract doesn't run out until 2015, but at their meeting on Monday night the board pushed it to 2017.
Board Chairman Dan Wells says it's because of his exemplary performance. "The recommendation was that we renew the contract relative to Dr. Yennie that we also did the evaluation process that bore out that Dr. Yennie's assessment was on a distinguished level. He's a distinguished director," Wells said.
The board also decided to add an amendment to the contract that links Dr. Yennie's pay to teachers' pay. That means if teachers don't get a raise, neither does Dr. Yennie.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview