SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County officers are investigating an early morning shooting.
The sheriff's department responded to Jackson Hollow Road just before 2 a.m. Friday. Officers found Michael A. Light lying on the ground in front of the apartment complex with a large wound to his forearm.
Light told officers that Thomas Hammonds shot him with a shotgun. The men told officers Hammonds had given Light a ride home when the two men got into an argument.
Officers say Hammonds ordered Light out of his vehicle, and that is when Light was shot.
We're told Michael Light underwent surgery and is listed in serious but stable condition.
Thomas Hammonds has been charged with criminal attempt to commit first degree murder and aggravated assault.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex