SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County officers are investigating an early morning shooting.
The sheriff's department responded to Jackson Hollow Road just before 2 a.m. Friday. Officers found Michael A. Light lying on the ground in front of the apartment complex with a large wound to his forearm.
Light told officers that Thomas Hammonds shot him with a shotgun. The men told officers Hammonds had given Light a ride home when the two men got into an argument.
Officers say Hammonds ordered Light out of his vehicle, and that is when Light was shot.
We're told Michael Light underwent surgery and is listed in serious but stable condition.
Thomas Hammonds has been charged with criminal attempt to commit first degree murder and aggravated assault.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day