SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The region continues to remember those who gave their lives upholding the law.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office held a memorial service Friday morning in Blountville.
Members of fallen officers families laid flowers at the memorial statue in front of the sheriff's office. The department has lost nine officers in the line of duty.
This week is National Police Officers Memorial Week. Several departments across the region have held similar services.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations