SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Commission passed a budget this morning without a tax increase, and the commissioners also looked at a resolution to buy a new emergency radio system.
The county wants to upgrade to digital equipment to prevent technical issues because the current system is still analog.
The new system would cost about $6 million and would be split between Sullivan County, Bristol, Tennessee and Kingsport.
The commission also was considering to allow the sheriff's office to receive a $35,000 payment for their role on National Geographic's Southern Justice.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens