SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A settlement is off the table, for now, for former Sullivan County highway workers who were fired back in January.
On Thursday, the county commissioners met and considered a settlement offer that would send the fired employees back to work. We are told the commission voted down the settlement offer.
The former employees filed a lawsuit in July against the county, claiming wrongful termination.
The offer will be brought back up before the new commission in September.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill