SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A settlement is off the table, for now, for former Sullivan County highway workers who were fired back in January.
On Thursday, the county commissioners met and considered a settlement offer that would send the fired employees back to work. We are told the commission voted down the settlement offer.
The former employees filed a lawsuit in July against the county, claiming wrongful termination.
The offer will be brought back up before the new commission in September.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy