BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Sullivan County commission met Monday with a new chairman at the helm.
Monday was the first day county mayor Steve Godsey was not leading the meeting. At February's meeting, the commission decided to vote commissioner Eddie Williams in as the chair.
This is the first time in Sullivan County history this has happened.
The commission is expected to vote on the interim highway commissioner position, a vote that has been delayed since January.
Two nominees are up for appointment: current interim director Bobby Manning, and nominee Jim Belgeri.
The commission voted to go into executive session before taking a vote. The purpose of the executive session is to discuss possible legal action by seven terminated highway commission employees.
We'll have more from the meeting later on WCYB.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man