BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Sullivan County commission met Monday with a new chairman at the helm.
Monday was the first day county mayor Steve Godsey was not leading the meeting. At February's meeting, the commission decided to vote commissioner Eddie Williams in as the chair.
This is the first time in Sullivan County history this has happened.
The commission is expected to vote on the interim highway commissioner position, a vote that has been delayed since January.
Two nominees are up for appointment: current interim director Bobby Manning, and nominee Jim Belgeri.
The commission voted to go into executive session before taking a vote. The purpose of the executive session is to discuss possible legal action by seven terminated highway commission employees.
We'll have more from the meeting later on WCYB.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City