BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Sullivan County commission met Monday with a new chairman at the helm.
Monday was the first day county mayor Steve Godsey was not leading the meeting. At February's meeting, the commission decided to vote commissioner Eddie Williams in as the chair.
This is the first time in Sullivan County history this has happened.
The commission is expected to vote on the interim highway commissioner position, a vote that has been delayed since January.
Two nominees are up for appointment: current interim director Bobby Manning, and nominee Jim Belgeri.
The commission voted to go into executive session before taking a vote. The purpose of the executive session is to discuss possible legal action by seven terminated highway commission employees.
We'll have more from the meeting later on WCYB.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator