SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A five-month investigation led Sullivan County authorities to about $30,000 worth of heroin.
They arrested Carlos Altiery after receiving a tip that he would be bringing a large amount of heroin from New York to Bristol via a Greyhound bus.
At the bus station, authorities say he willingly gave them a package that contained 900 bindles of heroin. There were also 100 Oxycodone pills and other prescription drugs.
Altiery is facing several drug charges.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record