SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A five-month investigation led Sullivan County authorities to about $30,000 worth of heroin.
They arrested Carlos Altiery after receiving a tip that he would be bringing a large amount of heroin from New York to Bristol via a Greyhound bus.
At the bus station, authorities say he willingly gave them a package that contained 900 bindles of heroin. There were also 100 Oxycodone pills and other prescription drugs.
Altiery is facing several drug charges.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University