SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A five-month investigation led Sullivan County authorities to about $30,000 worth of heroin.
They arrested Carlos Altiery after receiving a tip that he would be bringing a large amount of heroin from New York to Bristol via a Greyhound bus.
At the bus station, authorities say he willingly gave them a package that contained 900 bindles of heroin. There were also 100 Oxycodone pills and other prescription drugs.
Altiery is facing several drug charges.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane