SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A five-month investigation led Sullivan County authorities to about $30,000 worth of heroin.
They arrested Carlos Altiery after receiving a tip that he would be bringing a large amount of heroin from New York to Bristol via a Greyhound bus.
At the bus station, authorities say he willingly gave them a package that contained 900 bindles of heroin. There were also 100 Oxycodone pills and other prescription drugs.
Altiery is facing several drug charges.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.